Deeps tagged me long back and I am reliving my 1st pregnancy, thanks to her...
1.WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
It wasn’t but we were eager to extend our family…
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
I was terrified as I was sailing with my husband with no doctors on board and the rule was that preganant women should not sail! And I wanted to be with my husband...
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I was 26 years.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I could smell my husband from far… and I puked as soon as I smelt the dinner at the ship’s dining hall. We were sailing towards Italy and there was no way I could confirm and even at (Taranto) one of the port cities in Italy, where we berthed, we just had 12 hours to go and come back.
This is a big story so bear with me…We went inside what we thought was a hospital and it wasn’t, it was a old age centre and they (the receptionists) called for the ambulance, thinking I was ‘serious’. Neither us nor they understood what the other was speaking. (Nobody spoke a bit of English) So there I was, in a wheel chair, taken to a hospital on an ambulance (with the red lights on and the siren screaming…). Both of us were shocked into inaction. I was rushed into an examination room and checked by Italian doctors who finally gave us their verdict, “Gravidanca…” and seeing our bewildered faces repeated, “Pregnant, 3 months and all fine”. We were at peace only then…
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My husband, but I didn’t have to tell him too, he could see the effects…I used to run as soon as he entered our cabin…to the loo and puke!
8. DUE DATE?
October 6 1997
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Mine was different, it was not restricted to the mornings…I puked whenever I came in contact with food or my husband!
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
The first three months I hated food and then I just wanted home cooked food.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Do I have to tell you, my husband of course.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No, I was happy with a girl
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
Around 12 kgs
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Thankfully , except for the first few months, I had an uneventful pregnancy.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
AT my hometown, Kottayam
19 HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
From 5pm to 8.30pm
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
My husband drove me but couldn’t park anywhere near and I walked to the hospital
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
None from the family
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
She was small, 2.8kg
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
8.28pm on September 30, a week early, in 1997
26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Kavya, I loved that name...
27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN?
She is 11 years now…
28. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR ANNOUNCED THE SEX OF THE BABY?
I didn’t give it much thought, for me, the sex of the baby wasn’t important.
29. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY?
Well, I was just relieved it was all over
30. DID YOU CRY
No, I was in too much in pain as the doctor began the stitching up soon after…
I am sure, this must have bored you...so do you want me to go on and write about my second one?Ah, I can hear the groans...
Here I want to tag, Reflections, Renu and all those who haven't done this, it will be fun to read for us and will take you back to those years too...