Saturday, May 2, 2009

Ready for more...

14 years…that is a long time, it seems like yesterday though. The excitement, the tension, the anxiety on that day 14 years back, when we finally tied the knot after years of waiting.
And we have grown, together, learning to love and hold on in the face of adversities…during these years.
The first two years were a honeymoon except for the six months of being apart when he went sailing. And then our focus changed, from being so engrossed in each other, we both took on the role of being a provider to the addition in the family. I saw my life partner change from a careless, fun-loving youth to a mature man who took his responsibilities seriously, sometimes a bit too much. And I loved him even more…
I saw his eyes soften with a new light when he carried our first born, I saw him looking out for some characteristics of her that resembled his. And I loved him even more…
He was a strict father but I knew that he was a soft and completely malleable underneath the stern façade.
The next two years with the additional responsibility were tough years for both of us, he had left his lucrative sailing profession for a stable but less lucrative shore job (to be with us) and we were learning the ropes of living alone like a family.
Each year had its challenges, from living in a small rented flat to buying our own; we have scrapped through, with our own set of fights and disagreements. Two completely different people trying to live harmoniously…
The love has grown stronger, resilient and we have become so used to each other, we just can’t manage alone. He is my best friend, who I hate in between, but still kind of like his idiosyncrasies, because it is all about ‘him’. I love his grey hair, the slight paunch, his cynicism, how he looks at me and makes me tell the little secrets that I had thought not to give out. Well, the 14 years have been difficult, but I have loved each moment of it…
Love you, da…
P.S:
(I have booked him for a massage session, but the evil me, made sure that is being done by a man (old too! You can never be too sure these days!)….

10 comments:

imemyself said...

wish you a happy anniversary and many many many returns...

Anonymous said...

Wish you a really Happy Anniversary :))and many more to come :)
awww...was the reaction when I read about him trying to search his daughter's face for any resemblance :))

god bless you both and your loved ones :)

Solilo said...

14 years! Wish you many more such loving ones.

Massage from an old man? Can you trust an old man, Sindhu? Ha....ha...ha... You wicked lady!

---Solilo

Reflections said...

Getting all nostaligic hhuh!!!!Anniversaries tend to do that to us:-)).....Nice post!!!!!

Here's wishing U many, many more!!!!!!!!!

Kelvy said...

wishing u a happy anniversary...LOL massage from an old man..poor hubby heheh

Reflections said...

Busy????????

Ab said...

HA... EVERYONE'S TALKING ABT LOVE THESE DAYS...
ANYWAYS, ALL DA BEST :)

Ab said...

HA... EVERYONE'S TALKING ABT LOVE THESE DAYS...
ANYWAYS, ALL DA BEST :)

Reflections said...

High time u posted;-/

Sashu... said...

wish ya a belated happy anniversary!! :)